Thursday 13 August 2020

Sartorial ‘images’ of my direct ancestors

By JEEVES / ANTÓNIO SÉRGIO ROSA DE CARVALHO / “ Tweedland” (Photo: Michael Floor)

My father in his youth with his beloved dog “ Nero” / Ericeira / Portugal

My Mother in her youth 

My Father studying violin with his Belgian Music Teacher . My Father went to study music later in the Music Conservatory of Lisbon and became later a known composer and Maestro. He wrote music scores for films and Theater, conducted famous Big Bands and Orchestras, worked in the National Radio and wrote famous ‘ fados’  for Amália Rodrigues.

Two photographs of my grandfather.


My Grandparents 

My Father directing an orchestra on a film set


 My father composing on the piano and directing a Big Band 

3 comments:

City History Project said...

Great pics and great storeis / memories!

Unknown said...

Great history and indeed wonderful Man Ray-esque photos(at least some...)Ciao,Saverio.

Unknown said...

A wonderful pictorial insight into your background. Thank you.